Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Squaduary 2022 Week 3 Progress - Adeptus Custodes

 

Adeptus Custodes WIP

Greetings and welcome to my Squaduary 2022 week three progress update.  I ended week three by mounting the models permanently to their bases, using 5-minute epoxy and a brass pin in one foot.  You could pin both feet for extra security, but it makes pinning and positioning the models that much more fussy for limited gains, in my opinion.

Adeptus Custodes Custodian Guard WIP

After some cleanup, I painted in the silver face plates and addressed the blades of the various power weapons.  The black casing on each weapon was neatened up and the gold details tweaked (and completed in some parts where they got missed).  I can't decide what I want to do with the misericordia so that detail slides into week four.

Adeptus Custodes Custodian Wardens WIP

The black weapon casings will need highlights during week four as well.  Otherwise I'm more or less done with the models themselves. So that leaves just the bases to complete before March 1st rolls around.

Adeptus Custodes Vexilus Praetor WIP

Oh, I almost forgot the Vexilus which needs some writing on its various dangling scrolls. Lots of little things to paint on these models when taken as a group like this.  I've done well enough batch painting so far, but the struggle avoid missing certain unique details is real.

I'm super happy with the results so far and look forward to showcasing the finished project next week after the challenge has completed!  Head on over to the Squaduary week three progress page to check out the other projects going on this month. The end is in sight!

 Until next time, stay safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!




2 comments:

  1. Pinning to bases is fairly normal, but I have never used an epoxy on it. Those are not going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, yep. That's the hope. Ove the years I'm simply experienced to many issues with super glues being brittle and things popping off, either models form bases or parts from models. 5-minute epoxy is a different modelling experience...you have to move slower and be patient to let things set up before moving on...but I like the results. Epoxy is a bit flexible and less likely to pop off with a shock, like the occasional model drop.

      I still use Testors plastic cement (liquid only, not that awful tube gel stuff) for all my plastics...but epoxy on metal and resin. 2-part epoxy also ages in the tubes better than superglue does in its bottle. Of course, ymmv...

      Delete