Thursday, November 18, 2021

Aeronautica Imperialis WIP - Wings of Vengeance Planes Part II

 

Aeronautica Imperialis Wings of Vengeance Imperial Navy WIP

And the planes continue on a piece!  Close to calling it quits on these four so I can move on to the Ork planes.  I didn't have enough to show earlier in the week to make it worth two posts this week.  I need to step up the painting or mix in some other projects to keep the hobby content flowing.

Aeronautica Imperialis Thunderbolt Fighter WIP

Over the weekend I got the shading and dry brushing done.  But this obliterated much of the metal details, so I then had to touch up those areas. So by Tuesday, I had only the cleaned up dry brushing to show off.  Not much content there.

Aeronautica Imperialis Thunderbolt Fighter WIP

With the remainder of the week so far, I got the all the glass done.  It's a bit more light blue than the pictures show.  Still maybe lighter than I needed.  I'm contemplating a second shade coat...maybe thinned to avoid going over board.  We'll see.  Then I put a little color on the rockets/missiles.  This is mostly done as a game aide so it's clear at a glance what each plane is carrying, once there are more in the squadron to look at all together.

This picture illustrates what happens when I go back in with additional blue shade - in this case to correct a mistake during cleanup.  See the more intense shading on the right side Marauder compared to the one on the left. I put some black on the lascanon barrels, for interest.

I haven't decided what to do with the bombs (if anything).  They are intentionally painted the same lighter color as the underside to avoid breaking up the "sky camouflage" effect when viewed from the ground.  But then, there is the obnoxious red rockets so...?  Yeah, we'll see.

So a bit more cleanup and some little bits of detailing and I'll call these guys done and move one.  Until then watch your six!

Aeronautica Imperialis Thunderbolt Fighter WIP

 Stay safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!


2 comments:

  1. I like the munitions as they are. It makes the whole scheme seem to hang together.

    They'd look great olive drab, but as you say - skymoflague.

    ReplyDelete