Thursday, October 22, 2020

DreadTober 2020: Week 4 progress - Seeing red...

 


Welcome to week 4 of DreadTober.  I'm definitely slowing down with less hobby time than I expected, so far.  But no matter...the project carries forward and I'll surely complete it, even if I go right up to the end..

Dark Angels Legion Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought WIP

I decided it was time to get the red checkers on.  I took Siph's suggestion for a shoulder and then balanced that with the claw arm.  I have white checkers on other units, but hadn't used the red checkers yet.  I like it!

Dark Angels Legion Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought WIP

I also put time into the grav weapon arm.  Base colors are on and some shading with GW Nuln Oil, but highlights are still coming.  The checkers on the curves of the shoulder proved a most interesting challenge. I definitely should have drawn things out better first.  But it all worked out in the end.

Dark Angels Legion Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought WIP

I like the red checkers breaking up the otherwise black armor. Not much else to say from behind right now.

Dark Angels Legion Leviathan Pattern Siege Dreadnought WIP

The snippy claw is lookin' snazzy sporting its new livery.  I look forward to the decal phase. I'm especially interested to look at the new Forge World sheet and choosing a Hexagrammaton this brute will fall in with.  Being an ancient hero of the Legion, he'll also have older Host affiliations to pay homage to. I'll go back to my previous completed models to add some more Legion decals now that we have them.

So the project carries on a piece.  Next week the base will be completed and he'll be mounted permanently to it.  In the meant time, there's lots of little things to get done. I'm excited to get paint on this great model.

Congrats to those who have completed their DreadTober challenges already.  Woohoo!

And best wishes to those still painting.  Let's keep on keepin' on!

Stay safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

2 comments:

  1. Looking good, the red check works well with the Dark Angels look.

    ReplyDelete