Thursday, June 20, 2019

WIP: Adeptus Titanicus Legio Tempestus Warhound Titans - Part 7

Legio Tempestus Warhound WIP for Adeptus Titanicus

I have more progress to share on the Warhound titans.  The legs of the last two were based coated in the same manner as Turbo Canis and Facta Belli.  This work did not seem to warrant more pictures as it would just be more of the same.  I then began to work on the upper torsos, starting with Turbo Canis, shown here.  With spoilers of a Legio Tempestus decal sheet coming at some point, I chose to leave a plain white shield on the carapace in the hopes a cool Tempestus crest will one day be applied there.

Legio Tempestus Warhound WIP for Adeptus Titanicus

Still no shading.  I'm going to shade everything in one pass once I have all the base colors in on all four Warhounds.  I made an exception for the scroll work only.  I will want to be careful not to get a lot of Nuln Oil on the scrolls, so I'm shading them early to remind me to skip them later.

Legio Tempestus Warhound WIP for Adeptus Titanicus

With the trim work done and other details painted in, the Warhound is really coming alive now. I'm still looking at weapon details, and of course the plasma effects on the right arm weapon. The left arm weapon is painted in a manner similar to the tri-barrel Reaver versions that I've already painted. I think I'll paint the plasma effects all at the same time so I get a good consistent look on the two Warhounds carrying that weapon.

Legio Tempestus Warhound WIP for Adeptus Titanicus

Slow progress without showing the other two leg sections I worked on.  However, these Warhounds are deceptively close to completion.  I should be able to complete the other three torsos in time to share in my first post of next week.  I'd like to wrap up this project before the end of next week, when I head off on a family vacation for a bit.  It will be tough to come back to the project in process after being away for a while.

Best wishes for the coming weekend.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

2 comments:

  1. Damn beautiful DAM. Love the lengths you have gone to get an effective camouflage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's been a process and I'd have been fine if Forge World had settled on a simple dark blue in their initial images of the Legio. But here we are. I'm getting prepared for the Legio to show up in some future AT book with no camouflage what-so-ever! :) Probably about the same time they finally release the transfers...

      Delete