Monday, April 16, 2018

Custodes Shield-Captain w/Ax to DONE

Adeptus Custodes Shield Captain Title

He is DONE! After completing some details on the Ax, I spent most of my final session working on the face.  I really wanted to complete the eyes this time, and not simply leave grey orbs with no pupil.

Adeptus Custodes Shield Captain

The face took me well over an hour get to a point I would live with.  I still don't love the eyes, but for now, I hit my limit.  Anything I did to improve the situation just F'd it up more. A man has got to know his limitations...

Adeptus Custodes Shield Captain WIP

In short, I used GW Kislev Flesh to touch up the highlights. Then I used GW Reikland Fleshshade to work the shadows.  GW Carroburg Crimson was used to color the lips and shade under the eyes and on the cheeks.  The hair and beard were highlighted and then shaded with GW Reikland Fleshshade to tone things down a bit and put some auburn in there, maybe. I'm no hair scientist...

The eyes were simply Vallejo Game Color Ghost Grey with a black pupil.  Rather than dot the eye, I attempted a short vertical line.  On the left eye, the touch up of the line may not be complete as seen in the close ups. It doesn't seem to show much on the model...and again, fixing it was just making things worse.  At one point, I just got up and walked a way for a bit.  Then came back to have a look with what I hoped was fresh perspective.  That is when I chose to call this guy done.  The face is believable, at least to me, and ended up looking better than his possessed (or perhaps wildly fanatical?) brother Shield-Captain...

YOU want some of this?!

'Nuff said?  Let's move on and give this guy a big seal of DONE!


And then close out with a handful of gallery shots.

Adeptus Custodes Shield Captain

Adeptus Custodes Shield Captain

Adeptus Custodes Shield Captain

Adeptus Custodes Shield Captain

Adeptus Custodes Shield Captain

Adeptus Custodes Shield Captain

That's it for now. I really love this guy.  So much presence in the pose and sculpt.  Definitely the senior Shield-Captain in my growing force so far. Next up we'll have some Imperial Knight Armiger Warglaive WIP progress and hopefully I'll bring the Grey Knight Brotherhood Champion to DONE.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!!

2 comments: