Tuesday, November 8, 2022

On the Workbench [November] - Kill Teams and Titans

 

Legio Tempestus Direwolf WIP for Adeptus Titanicus

Greetings and welcome back.  Following DreadTober, I took a brief break from painting to build a few projects.  Shown here are two Direwolf Heavy Scout Titans for Adeptus Titanicus.  The one on the left with Volcano cannon will go to Legio Tempestus and the one on the right with Neutron laser will go to Legio Ignatum.

Legio Tempestus Direwolf WIP for Adeptus TitanicusLegio Ignatum Direwolf WIP for Adeptus Titanicus

Both titans come with magnet sockets for the arm weapons and the waist so I went ahead an magnetized them.  Who knows if Forge World will ever produce alternate arm weapons, but I'm ready if they do!  The waist magnets will allow me to disassemble and fit these titans into my existing warhound spaces in the Battle Foam tray I use to store my titans.  They are a bit tall otherwise.

Imperial Navy Breacher Kill Team WIP

Then I built some kill teams from the recent Into the Dark and Shadowvaults sets.  Above, we have the Imperial Navy Breachers.  For someone who has been in the lore as long as I have (since 2nd ed. 40k), it is fantastic to see some models for the Imperial Navy.  Great detail and character in this kill team.  I will enjoy painting these fellows.

Farstalker Kinband Kill Team WIP

Next up is the Farstalker Kinband.  Also very characterful.  It's neat to have the Kroot get a prominent place in the game, following on the heels of the Blackstone Fortress explorer Dahyak Grekh. But boy were these models fiddly to assemble - but not near as bad as...

Necron Hierotek Circle Kill Team WIP

...the Necron Hierotek Circle.  Why there are any Necron hobbyists, I don't know.  They suffer for their art, to be sure.  These models are the worst in the range for assembly in my opinion.  But look very cool once you manage to get them built.

So that's 35 models as a palate cleanser before plunging back into the next painting project.  To keep myself honest, I'll complete the two 30K Dark Angels predators I started back in September, just prior to DreadTober. They were pretty far along, so I'm hoping I can complete them this month.  Then I'll see what December brings.

That's it for this post.  After a weak off building things, I'm back at the painting table so expect to see two posts per week, once again.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment