Friday, May 20, 2022

Adeptus Titanicus Warhound Titans WIP - Transfered

 

Legio Ignatum Warhound Titan WIP for Adeptus Titanicus

Greetings, and welcome back.  As promised, I poured on some gas and got these puppies moving.  I even managed to bring the weapons up to a point where I could gloss and then shade all the armor at the same time.

Legio Ignatum Warhound Titan WIP for Adeptus TitanicusLegio Ignatum Warhound Titan WIP for Adeptus Titanicus

With the armor glossed, it was the perfect time to apply the transfers. Click through the pics if you'd like to get a closer look. On the left side, we have Warhound and Collegia Titanicus icons.

Legio Ignatum Warhound Titan WIP for Adeptus TitanicusLegio Ignatum Warhound Titan WIP for Adeptus Titanicus

On the right side we have Legio Ignatum icons, including the inside of the left shin guard if you look carefully. I made a small slip by not applying the transfers before shading, but that's a small thing that will be hardly noticeable in the final result.I may even lay down a second shade coat over the transfers.

Legio Ignatum Warhound Titan WIP for Adeptus TitanicusLegio Ignatum Warhound Titan WIP for Adeptus Titanicus

Another Legio Ignatum icon was put on the black carapace shield of Pura Bellum.  Before glossing the armor, I managed to paint the shield and scrolls.  I was pleased to get the gun armor trimmed and all the red armor cleaned up in one pass for the glossing and shading process.  Now I can carry on with the weapons and finally highlights for these two. Then it'll be down to the bases and final attachment - at the moment the puppies are free standing and not glued to their bases.

Good progress for the week and I'm pleased with the results so far.  All the gloss hurts my eyes, so I look forward to a good solid flat coat to dull everything back to my typical painting style. But I have to say it was worth it.  with the gloss coat, I had a much better time with the shading - the main point being less staining/dulling of the main armor color. Without the gloss coat, I would often have to go back and repaint the center of the armor panels to brighten things back up a bit.  That is not necessary here.

So next week, we may have completed titans here and then it'll be on to the Warmaster.  I'm trying desperately to get these titans done before Horus Heresy fever sets in with the upcoming launch and I go back to painting the First legion.  Hobby Butterfly Syndrome at its best!  Still, no end to the fun projects ahead, no matter the game system.  I'd love to get some paint on more Aeronautica planes too, after getting a game in last month.  So fun!

Stay safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment