Thursday, February 18, 2021

Blackstone Fortress Traitor Guardsmen - WIP - Part 3

 

The Traitor Guardsmen are coming along well.  This first squad is basically complete.  I'm going to move on to the second squad now to give my eyes a break.  I'll take one last look at these guys near the end of the month as I finish the second squad off to catch missing highlights, details, and other work.  These models are busy with details and it's easy to miss something. A fresh look after a few days is often very instructive.

The squad sergeant is looking suitably grim.  I need to fix the chest armor highlights; things are pretty chunky there.

Being chaos tainted bad guys, I decided to play with a bit of gore on the sticking, chopping and bashing bits.  I figure these guys are wandering the Blackstone Fortress doing work and probably not overly concerned with maintaining their weapons. During the game, perhaps this raises tensions as they look a bit more horrific?

 This grenade trooper is still my favorite of the lot. So many ways to make things go boom on this guy.

Another fun model with a lot going on; now with a new gory club. You can see he gets work done.

Ready to burn out any unwary explorers...'nuf said here.

Odd combat choice here, but an interesting dynamic pose.  This guy has a great collection of "tools" in his person.

So there we have seven pretty much completed Traitor Guardsmen.  Next week, I'll showcase progress on the second group of seven.  It'll be a race to get them completed to this level by the end of February, but I'm feeling good about it.  I'm starting to get excited for painting a Psi-Titan for Adeptus Titanicus during Monster March, so that's giving me incentive to get through this group of fourteen models.

Until next time, stay safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!








No comments:

Post a Comment