Thursday, August 6, 2020

On the Workbench [August] - Aeronautica Imperialis and an AT Reaver


Aeronautica Imperialis Thunderbolts and Lightnings WIP

On the work bench this month, we have some 8mm scale work.  I decided to pick up some Battlefoam for storing my Aeronutica Imperialis models and gear.  Battlefoam produces some great box inserts that allow you to store all of your game gear and models safely.  I'd been holding off on this as I haven't painted the models nor played the game.  But a recent sale caught my eye so I moved on it.

Wings of Fire Battlefoam box

Here I have the Wings of Vengeance box foam made to support bases with the stems glued on.  As you can see, there is plenty of room for the bases after the foam is put in the box and all the paper accessories still fit as well on top.  This insert will definitely keep the planes safe once painted and helps organize dice and cards.

Skies of Fire Battlefoam box

The Skies of Fire box insert is no different.  If you prefer to not glue your stems on the bases, there are versions for that as well on the Battlefoam site, just check out the link above. I have yet to punch out the counters and otherwise explore the games, but I can see that everything should fit nice and tidy in these boxes.  It's worth it to me since these boxes come so sturdy. They'll last long on the shelf and keep everything safe and organized for the day I eventually find some time with friends to play a game or three with.

I also picked up trays for extra Thunderbolts and the Maurauder Destroyers that came separately after Wings of Vengeance.  No box for those, but still a great way to organize and protect the extra planes which previously had been just dumped loose in the box with the rest.  The model reorganization inspired me to build the extra two Thunderbolts I picked up back along (so I could have two of each variation) and even build the three Lightning fighters from Skies of Fire.  I need to assemble the rest so I can get everything back in the box now. :)

Legio Ignatum Reaver Titan for Adeptus Titanicus WIP

Last up, the second Reaver for Legio Ignatum starts to take shape.  The main model is built and now it is on to building and magnetizing the weapons. This Reaver will stand off and shoot while her sister stomps into the heart of the enemy with chainfist or claw. Supported by this pack of hounds.

Legio Ignatum Warhound Titans for Adeptus Titanicus WIP


So that's what has been on the work bench this month (well, the Warhounds were built in July...).  Expect to see some Indomitus Dark Angels being built soon, while I paint up some of the new Horus Heresy Dark Angels from Forgeworld. Lots of work to be done here at 262Krieg.

Remember Guardsmen, there is time enough to sleep, in the grave.

Stay safe out there.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

2 comments: