Tuesday, January 14, 2020

WIP: Horus Heresy Dark Angels Praetor in Cataphractii Armor - Part 2

Horus Heresy Dark Angels Cataphractii Praetor WIP

Just a short post today to share some small progress on the Cataphractii Praetor.  The black armor has been highlighted, which give some definition to the baroque details.

Horus Heresy Dark Angels Cataphractii Praetor WIP

I think I'm finally falling into a groove with the edge highlighting. Practice makes perfect as they say - though I'm far from perfect at this point, and still quite slow at it.

Horus Heresy Dark Angels Cataphractii Praetor WIP

The chainmail and other metal bits have been highlighted as well using Vallejo Steel. Still gotta paint that pistol though. Not sure why I'm holding off on that honestly.  It has sort of become a thing at this point.

Horus Heresy Dark Angels Cataphractii Praetor WIP

He's a fierce looking dude, no doubt.  I'll get that pistol done over the next session.  In fact, I hope to post this guy as DONE by the end of the week.  Check back later to see if I do.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

4 comments:

  1. They are beautiful sculpts these DA HH characters, you are doing them justice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's looking great.
    I tend to prefer my metals to look a little dirtier (my soul belongs to chaos, so that might be why) but the brighter clean metals really help portray him as noble warrior of the imperium.
    Might I suggest a wash of Agrax/seraphim Sepia on the censer hanging between his legs? I always think of these things as containing slow burning incense so it seems right that they'll discolour the metal...it will help lift the silver colour away from the white background as well ;-)
    He still looks damn fine though!

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea, Gary! Thank you. I'm bringing this Dude to DONE this week. So expect to see a smokier/dirtier censor in the final pics.

      Delete