Wednesday, December 11, 2019

WIP: Horus Heresy Dark Angels Characters

Horus Heresy Age of Darkness Dark Angels Characters WIP

Today, I unveil my next project: Dark Angels characters for the Horus Heresy Age of Darkness. 

Between assembling the recent Praetors released by Forge World and seeing new material on the next book (including the awesome Dark Angles paint jobs on the recent new vehicles), I realized I had to put more time in on my Dark Angels.  I had a bunch of HQ models build and primed, so I primed up the two new Praetors and set to work.

Horus Heresy Age of Darkness Dark Angels Chaplain WIP

The straight up Chaplain from the Burning of Prospero  box set should look great painted up in First Legion colors. I kicked off the project painting in the red details with GW Mephiston Red.

Horus Heresy Age of Darkness Dark Angels Master of Signals WIP

The Forge World Master of Signals model has a lot of great detail and I look forward to painting it.

Horus Heresy Age of Darkness Dark Angels Command Squad WIP

I'm going to have fun with the command squad.  We have two Terran veterans and a more recent Caliban recruit who has distinguished himself enough to bear the honor of a legion banner. One veteran has a bionic leg, perhaps a souvenir from fighting along side the Emperor on Terra, or perhaps a recent addition earned fighting in the Great Crusade.

Horus Heresy Age of Darkness Dark Angels Praetor WIP

The command squad will support this new Praetor recently released from Forge World. What a great model for the Dark Angels.  I'm very much enjoying the winged helm and shield.  I'm going to try out white wings on the helm to match the Legion Champion I painted back along.

Horus Heresy Age of Darkness Dark Angels Praetor in Cataphractii Terminator Armor WIP

And last but not least, we have the recently released Praetor in Cataphractii pattern terminator armor. There is a lot of great detail on this model as well.  I hope to paint both Praetors to a high standard so they stand out among the force. This character project should take me into January but will complete in plenty of time for Squaduary 2020. I'd be very happy if I complete this before the new year and fit in one more project before Squaduary, but we'll see how it goes.  Lots to do this holiday season.

How are your projects coming?

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment