Monday, April 15, 2013

4th session...one squad done for now!

As expected, I was able to close on my first squad with a 4th session of roughly three hours...so that's 12 hours overall to get a ten man squad to this level.  I decided to hold off on decals and any final highlighting.  I feel one challenge with the number of troops here is that as I work out issues with my skills and techniques the end squads will look tons better than my starting squads.  So I'm leaving some room to come back and touch up early squads to match the outcome of later squads to insure the whole army holds together.

I held of on decals so that I could more efficiently apply them in bulk.  Perhaps at the platoon level with these guys.  I also need to make sure I've acquired enough decals so I don't end up with only half the army with decals. :)

So here's the finished squad:

Death Korps of Krieg Squad WIP Front
Death Korps of Krieg Squad WIP Back

So one down, and...LOTS to go! :)  I've got my work cut out for me.  I love the result though, and considering how long it has taken me to complete past units for other armies, 12 hours isn't really all that bad for me.

Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment