Thursday, October 20, 2016

Dreadtober 2016: Update 3

Photo/Drawing/Logo by Todd @ Sincain40k

Coming through week three, the remaining two weapon options have been completed.  Additional highlights have been applied to the dread and base both. If I were honest, there's a lot of fussing going on as I decide how far to go before calling it done.  The plasma cannon got additional edge highlights. I intentionally chose a more subdued color scheme for the weapons, keeping the cases black instead of the red I am using on the infantry weapons. 

Rotating Deathwatch Venerable Dreadnought

Had fun trying out my new Foldio360 that I acquired through their Kickstarter.

Dread w/assault cannon

Dread w/lascannon

Close-up of the barrel details...a little washed out sadly.

I'm content with where things are at.  I will look at the highlights next week and consider refining them.  The blue-gray edges, for example, are just a single pass.  I could lighten them up on the highest spots, for example. Could also dress up the weapons with heat effects. I'll use the opportunity to make one last pass over the whole model to catch anything I might have missed as well.  I find it's good to step away and come back to catch stuff I'm blind over otherwise.

That's where I'm at for update three.  The fourth and final update will wrap this guy up...should name this veteran now that I think of it...look for a name too then...

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment