Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Aeronautica Imperialis Wrath of Angels Asuryani Planes - TO DONE

 

Aeronautica Imperialis Asuryani Saim-Hann Aircraft

The Asuryani planes from the Aeronautica Imperialis Wrath of Angels box set have been completed. They were a lot of fun to paint in the end, even if they did cause me a bit of pause at the beginning.  I believe these are the first Eldar/Aeldari/Asuryani models I have painted from the 40K universe in some 29 years in the hobby.

Aeronautica Imperialis Asuryani Saim-Hann Phoenix Bombers

I did lots of online research into the icons of the Asuryani; hopefully I have not put something entirely out of place on the planes. I chose to paint these in the general colors of the Saim-Hann Craftworld. I left off the various black lines striping Saim-Hann aircraft for this squadron and just we with some extra black on the flight leader.  I like how the planes came out, and I won't miss the lines even if they would have been more accurate.

Aeronautica Imperialis Asuryani Saim-Hann Phoenix Bomber

Aeronautica Imperialis Asuryani Saim-Hann Phoenix Bomber

Aeronautica Imperialis Asuryani Saim-Hann Phoenix Bomber

The Nightwing Fighters look quite similar.  On all six planes, I put a single black teardrop on the right rear fuselage.  Otherwise the planes have the Saim-Hann icon and the flight leaders bear an infinity loop icon.

Aeronautica Imperialis Asuryani Saim-Hann Nightwing Fighters

Here, I chose some fun alternate Saim-Hann iconography for the the wings of the flight leader in this squadron.  Again, I left off the black lines. The transfer sheet came with symbols for Nightwing fighters, so I put those on the right rear wings, with the craft world icon on the left rear.

Aeronautica Imperialis Asuryani Saim-Hann Nightwing Fighter

Aeronautica Imperialis Asuryani Saim-Hann Nightwing Fighter

Aeronautica Imperialis Asuryani Saim-Hann Nightwing Fighter

So, six planes down and five to go.  I had a great time painting these Asuryani aircraft in the end and will look forward to painting the others in my collection in the future. These were painted mostly in Proacryl paints and I *will* have paint recipes up at some point.  I've been noting all the details as I've gone through the various aircraft; I just have to get them up on the blog.  

Later in the week, I'll post progress on the Astartes aircraft.  As predicted, they have been quick to paint since I knew in advance exactly what I planned to do with them. Not to mention the many, many years of painting other Dark Angels space marine stuff I have under my belt. Check back later int he week if your interested in how they come out.

That's it for now.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!



No comments:

Post a Comment