Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Dark Angels follow-up...

After further unpacking, I realized I had left out a decent percentage of my force; more than just a couple drop pods.  After unpacking and adding these forgotten Unforgiven, the array for battle now looks like this...

Dark Angels WIP


Unearthed were:
  • dread drop pod (actually two, but that's for another time)
  • 2 troop drop pods
  • a third speeder (now two with missile pods)
  • another 3 bikes (for a total of 9 plus the two attack bikes)
  • a 3rd tactical squad (from Dark Vengeance) and rhino (also convertable to a razorback)
  • a techmarine and servitor retinue
  • a chaplain on bike and a chaplain with jump pack (for a total of 5 chaplains).
  • an older librarian in power armor (for a total of 3 now)
  • old models for Azreal, Asmodai, and Ezekiel
  • An old metal company master
  • The new finecast banner bearer
  • a 10-man veteran squad (not shown as their load out of stormbolters is no longer sanctioned)
Now I am  content!  I need to update the veteran squad for the latest 7th edition rules and codex and return them to service.  Then I think I will build a new army spreadsheet to track this force better.  I have never had a formal build plan for them, nor a way to track progress.  So far the 5th company captain, his command squad and the first two tactical squads are table-top ready.  I need to complete the two squad rhinos and add a suitable command vehicle when the landraider or a drop pod isn't used for the task. That fills out compulsory units for the force-org.  Though with formations and the 7th edition environment, this hardly seems as important as it once was.

There are also models to be built - a flyer and black knight bikers for the 2nd company along with their company master, Samuel!  I have never been much for Ravenwing, but they shine in the current rule set and codex so I should really give these important members of the chapter more time and attention!!

So...the plan is to alternate updating this force with building out some 1st Legion models from the Horus Heresy.  I Love the flavor and the different models and paint scheme will no doubt add variety.

Oh...and I shouldn't neglect the un-built Mechanicum force waiting int he wings either...or the Red Hunters I started right before packing up for the move...or the inquisition vehicles to support the Inquisitor and retinue I posted last year...or the DEATH KORPS! That is where this whole blog journey began after all...

Plenty to do in 2016, regardless.  I wish the best for your own hobby progress and achievements.

Cheers and Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment