While poking away, and mostly stalling on completing the Dark Angel's Spartan assault tank, I've been building a few things.
In May I assembled of a squad of the new plastic MkII Breachers. A typically good kit as we've come to expect from the plastic heresy line.
In June, I picked up the Horus Heresy Legio Custodes Battle Group box and 3.0 codex. These purchases inspired me to break out some older rein models I had in inventory. Here we have Constantin Valdor in all his Forge World resin glory.
Next up I assembled and based a box of Aquilon terminators. I left the armored tops unglued for ease of painting later. Some poster tack is currently securing the parts against loss.
Then I turned to the one model in the battle force box that I was least interested in: the Calidus Annihilator Grav-tank. But during assembly, it really grew on me. It was fun to assemble and is a great looking model. I would never had gone for the resin Forge World version. At some point I'll do something interesting with the base to match the rest of the force.
Next I assembled the Contemptor-Galatus dreadnought. This will compete with the Saturnine dreadnought for Dreadtober this year, no doubt. I have always liked the look of this dread and I'm psyched to include it next to my existing resin Contemptor-Achillus.
Last up for the month was the Shield Captain from the box. Quite a fancy dude, he is. A joy to build and will be great fun to paint. I'll get on with assembling the remaining 12 models for the two Sodalities in the box. I definitely got sucked in by the Horus Heresy specific sculpts. I have been considering my 40K Custodes as double duty, but the differences between the 40k/30k lines and available models have made it worth collecting both for me.
Super fun, detailed models that will provide a lot of painting enjoyment. I expect to get started on a few of these once I complete the damn Spartan. :) I really don't know what's got into me, but I have definitely been struggling to find motivation to sling paint this year.
That's it for now.
Cheers and Happy Gaming!
Very productive DAM, and some great looking models, sorry to hear about your painting mojo, but at least you got all of these built.
ReplyDeleteThanks! No worries.
DeleteAfter a big project I get a wane in the painting mojo, I just either paint a palette cleanser small project or have a break completely from painting. May your mojo return soon! The Grav Tank finally in plastic is awesome.
ReplyDeleteIt was a good kit to assemble too. Very cool how with digitsl scanning, the plastic is faithful reproduction of the original resin.
DeleteI agree with Siph, sometimes you just need a palette cleanser to break the spell. I also find painting challenges very helpful for keeping the mojo fire burning; I hear there is one coming up in October...
ReplyDeleteVery true! And I won’t miss a DreadTober…
Delete