Friday, December 15, 2017

Adeptus Custodes Contemptor Dreadnought to DONE


Today I am posting the final article on my Contemptor Dreadnought for the Custodian Guard.  This has been my final hobby project for 2017 and a great way to finish out the year.  I couldn't settle on what to do with the tilting shield so I have left it alone for now.  It occurred to me that I didn't get any of the Custodes red on this guy.  GW painted theirs with red shoulder pads, for instance.  Perhaps the red needs to go on the tilting shield with some design/transfer over top?  Hmm...feel free to comment below.


I started the session by painting in the frame or skeleton of the dreadnought using Vallejo Gunmetal.  This was washed with GW Nuln Oil then highlighted once with more Gunmetal and then a second time with Vallejo Silver, the silver going to lightly and only at various key high points.  Gunmetal was also added to the Emperor's eagle on the halo and was washed and highlighted similarly.

The remainder of the gold armor got a final highlight of silver where needed and writting was added to the scroll hanging at the rear of the armor and to the two purity seals.  The purity seals were also completed with a base coat of GW Mephiston Red, a wash of GW Agrax Earthshade and a highlight of GW Evil Sunz Scarlett. 

While the red was out, I also colored the laser sight on the assault cannon. I decided to put some heat effects on the Assault cannon as well. While this was going on, the Multimelta got a little love too.  I used GW Abaddon black as a dry brush on the barrels of both weapons and on the exhaust stacks of the dreadnought. Looking at the images this morning, I may have gone a bit heavy on the yellow in the heat effects...



So after some clean up here and there, and a coat of varnish (always use Model Master Lusterless (Flat)!), I put the bushes up and called this project done!  


Here are some gallery shots in the photo booth...





Here he is armed with the multimelta...



And a final family photo with the Custodian Guard Squad...


Best wishes for the holidays and a very Happy New Year!

Cheers and Happy Gaming.





No comments:

Post a Comment